Sunday, March 7, 2010

Our Kitchen Decked out for Easter

This weekend I searched the depths of the garage for my Easter decorations. I love uncovering the bright and cheerful spring colors. It is like opening a box of saltwater taffy. All of the pastels, glitter, chicks and eggs make me a happy girl. One of my favorite treasures are a set of vintage chicks in their original package that I found in my Mimi's Easter stash (pictured at left). Aren't they so much fun? Below is a picture of my kitchen ready for spring! I thrifted the vintage table cloth a couple of weeks ago.
The centerpiece is comprised of a metal tray I picked up while thrifting with my mom a few weeks ago, a candle holder/hurricane from Michael's new Paris collection, a vintage tole candlestick, vintage crochet napkin holder, a bunny and chicks from Home Goods, and a thrifted metal basket with blue robins eggs I made using this tutorial. The birdcage in my kitchen window with more of my robins eggs in a nest I made from grapevine with wire and long dead grass from the empty lot behind my house :)
Bunnies I made using this tutorial over at Martha's. I made them 3 years ago for Lilly's 1st Easter. The juice glasses are Martha Stewart from Macy's last spring. The candy egg holders and chicks were my Mimi's.
I thrifted this beauty years ago. This momma bird has to be one of my favorite thrifting finds ever. I also thrifted the vintage doily with yellow roses and all of the vintage glasses.
My lily chandelier dressed for spring in vintage paper lanterns I won on ebay. Aren't the roses on the bottom sweet? I want to leave them up all year!

I'm signing off now. I've gotta go do my lesson plans for the week. I'll be back soon to share more thrifty goodness and Easter in my Dining room! Love and Blessings~Molly

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...